Your donation helps
Thank you for your interest in fundraising for the HIST1H1E Foundation. Our work would not be possible without supporters like you who raise money and awareness for HIST1H1E each year.
There are many ways for you to fundraise and make a difference.
Fundraising Ideas & Resources
Below are some ideas to get you started. Do what you feel comfortable managing. Every little bit helps!
Social Media & Online Fundraising
Truly the simplest way to support us! Donate your birthday or start a fundraiser on Facebook.
- Invite people from your friends’ list to join your fundraiser. This will send them a notification about your fundraiser and will ensure it doesn’t get lost in people’s newsfeeds.
- Personalize your message. When you create a fundraiser, Facebook will automatically give you a stock message about our organization. You will have the ability to customize this and make it more personal to you and your child’s story. These fundraisers are becoming so common now on FB and personalizing helps them stand out from the busy crowd.
- Post updates in your Fundraiser periodically. If you set a timeline of two weeks for your fundraiser, consider posting an update in your fundraiser every 2-3 days or as often as you’re comfortable. Every time you post, the fundraiser will appear fresh in the newsfeed again. The update can be about your fundraiser or it can be an anecdote or story about your child, or different fact about HIST1H1E.
- Thank your donors individually.
Direct Sales Parties
Do you know someone who sells Scentsy, Rodan + Fields, Pampered Chef, Thirty One, Arbonne, etc.? There are many direct sales vendors who would be happy to host a party for you and donate a portion of the proceeds to HIST1H1E Foundation.
Events and Booths
Bake sale, lemonade stand, wine pull, envelope wall, restaurant night fundraiser, walk/run, gala, golf outing, battle of the bands, etc…there are many, many possibilities with plenty of resources online for further ideas.
If planning an event, here is a step by step plan to get you started
- Form a planning committee. Depending on the size of your event, bringing together a group of enthusiastic and dedicated people who share an interest in raising money for a great cause will increase the probability of a successful event. This could just be you and a few friends.
- Brainstorm. Gather members of your planning committee, or just family and friends, to brainstorm ideas for your fundraiser. Give free rein to your imagination – several heads are better than one!
- Choose the “right” event. The type of event you choose should fit the size, interests, talents, goals, and time availability of everyone involved.
- Identify your audience. Consider who is most likely to attend and support the type of event you have selected.
- Develop a budget. Try to identify expenses and possible sources of funds, including securing in-kind products and services. This will help keep your costs down, which is something everyone will appreciate.
- Develop an event timeline. A timeline is important in planning for your event.
- Schedule the event. Select a time that is appropriate and convenient for those who will be attending. Be sure to check local community calendars for conflicting events.
- Let HIST1H1E Foundation know about your event. We can then publish your event on our website and help you promote the event on social media.
- Collect all funds. We ask that all funds be forwarded to the HIST1H1E Foundation within 30 days following the event.